The TỌMỌTÌYÁ Initiative is an Oyo state umbrella initiative covering high impart thematic areas targeting gaps and barriers to maternal and child healthcare. It is also the continuation of the existing Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health (RMNCH) programs.
To contribute to a healthier and more prosperous Oyo state as we ensure healthy babies grow into healthy adults who can contribute to their communities and society.
To initiate a consultative process between all stakeholders to identify priority areas and identify clear strategic directions for Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH). With a mechanism for oversight and constant quality review, we will build a sustainable and strong healthcare system.
To reduce Maternal Mortality(MM) in Oyo state by 30%.
To reduce Neonatal Mortality (NM) by 20% by the next NDHS in 2023.
To increase health facility utilization rate by 60%.
To increase the number of births by Skilled Birth Attendant (SBA) utilization in Oyo state by 30%. Read More
Coordinate all Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Health insurance, Partners, other ministries and the private sector activities towards RMNCH
Identify gaps and device high impact interventions to fix them.
Quality improvement to strengthen Oyo State health system
Sustainability- communities, government, private sector involvement and support from partners.
New High Impact Initiatives
The TỌMỌTÌYÁ Initiative is an Oyo state umbrella initiative covering high impart thematic areas targeting gaps and barriers to maternal and child healthcare. It is also the continuation of the existing Reproductive Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health (RMNCH) programs
Other High Impact Initiatives
Tọmọtìyá Thematic Areas and Programs
Thematic Area 1: Essential Newborn Care
- Establishment of newborn corners in PHCs
- Establishment of Special Care Baby Units in secondary health care facilities.
- Integrated management of childhood illnesses.
Thematic Area 2: Service Delivery
- Immunization Plus Activities
- Nutrition Activities
Thematic Area 3: Antenatal Care
- Screening for transmissible diseases in pregnancy
- Prevention of malaria in pregnancy
- Labor management including Emergency Obstetric Care (EMOC)
- Post-natal care
Thematic Area 4: Family Planning
- Family planning
- Adolescent health
Thematic Area 5: Infrastructural Upgrade and Equipment of Facilities
- Infrastructural upgrade and equipment of primary health care centers.
- Infrastructural upgrade and equipment of secondary health facilities.
Thematic Area 6: Digital Health
- Oyo State Telemedicine
- Electronic medical records in health care facilities.
Thematic Area 7: Human Resource for Health
- Care plus science (community midwives initiative)
- Recruitment of manpower in primary and secondary health care facilities.
- Extensive training of health care workers including etiquette training.
Thematic Area 8: Insurance Adoption Program.
This is a sponsorship program, where companies, organizations and donor agencies adopt pregnant women and children and pay for the basic insurance plan under the Oyo State Health Insurance Agency (OYSHIA) which provides them access to health care at all levels of care.
Thematic Area 9: Community Involvement.
- Reactivation and training of the ward development committee
- Community health taxis
- Ward Health rangers
Thematic Area 10: Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Ambulance service
- Emergency department in selected secondary healthcare facilities in the state.